Most delicious, satisfying and robust chowder! A very hearty stew like soup. Quick and easy to make.
SALMON VEGETABLE CHOWDER
- 2 lbs. salmon, skin & bones removed, 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb.potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- pinch dill weed
- 1/4 c. flour
- 6 c. chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle clam juice
- 1 (11 oz.) can corn, drained
- 1 1/2 c. zucchini, diced
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- chopped capers
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions and potatoes 2 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, dill weed and flour; blending well.
- Whisk in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add corn, zucchini and salmon; stirring until salmon is just cooked.
- Stir in milk and pepper.
How To Serve:
- For Service: Garnish with parsley and capers.
- Serves 6-8.