Most delicious, satisfying and robust chowder! A very hearty stew like soup. Quick and easy to make.
SALMON VEGETABLE CHOWDER
- lbs. salmon, skin & bones removed, 1-inch pieces
- large onion, chopped
- stalks green onion, chopped
- lb. potatoes, peeled, cubed
- tsp. dried thyme
- pinch dill weed
- c. flour
- c. chicken broth
- (8 oz.) bottle clam juice
- (11 oz.) can corn, drained
- c. zucchini, diced
- c. milk
- tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
- chopped capers
- In a large saucepan, sauté onions and potatoes 2 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, dill weed and flour; blending well.
- Whisk in broth and clam juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add corn, zucchini and salmon; stirring until salmon is just cooked.
- Stir in milk and pepper.
How To Serve:
- For Service: Garnish with parsley and capers.
- Serves 6-8.