You have to try serving Portuguese sausages caramelized in sherry, it adds a whole new dimension. Perfect to serve as a pupu with crostini or on a salad!
Rate This Recipe:
Sherry Glazed Portuguese Sausage
Discover all the tastiest Portuguese sausage recipes, hand-picked by home chefs perfect to serve as a pupu with crostini or on a salad!
- 4 Portuguese sausages
- 1 cup sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Halms Hawaiian BBQ sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice the sausage into 1/4" slices.
- Add to the frying pan and brown on each side.
- Sprinkle paprika and chili flakes, add sherry, worcestershire and Halms Hawaiian BBQ sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 minutes until the liquid has thickened and caramelized.
- Serve with crusty bread and salad or as part of a larger tapas spread.
Calories: 1391kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 52gFat: 104gSaturated Fat: 32gPolyunsaturated Fat: 14gMonounsaturated Fat: 50gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 245mgSodium: 2560mgPotassium: 1311mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 477IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 2mgVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 91mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!