Maile’s evil princess w/chicken – a dish served in her restaurant Maile’s Thai Bistro as featured on Cooking Hawaiian Style.
Rate This Recipe:
Maile Symmond’s Evil Princess w/Chicken
Maile's evil princess w/chicken – a dish served in her restaurant Maile's Thai Bistro as featured on Cooking Hawaiian Style.
- 2 T cooking oil
- 1/2 cup round onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon peeled minced garlic
- 1 cup skinless and boned chicken breast cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup ck stock
- 2 T red curry paste
- 1/2 cup long bean cut 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots sliced thin
- 1 T oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/3 T sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 T cornstarch mixture (2T water + 1 T cornstarch)
- 1 cup Thai basil
- Heat up wok, make sure your wok is smoking hot then add oil.
- Toss in onions, fry for 30 seconds, then toss in minced garlic (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- In order add chicken breast, long beans, bamboo shoots and chicken stock, toss for a minute.
- Then add red curry paste, oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Mix with spatula.
- Then add coconut milk and a little bit of cornstarch to thicken.
- Simmer until bubbling then at the last moment toss in Thai basil and plate.
Calories: 826kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 23gFat: 67gSaturated Fat: 28gPolyunsaturated Fat: 11gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 1130mgPotassium: 853mgFiber: 4gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 6506IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 1mgVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 176mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!