My favorite dim sum restaurant has a delicious Singapore Curry Noodle Dish which is a must have for me. I wanted to enjoy the flavors of this special dish, but in a salad. Somehow makes it seem healthier??
Singapore Style Noodle Salad
- 1 large bunch broccoli 1-inch florets
- 8 oz. vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 1 C. bean sprouts
- 1 C. fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded; thinly sliced
- 4 stalks green onions, diagonally sliced, 1 1/2-inch pieces, green parts only
- 2 TB fresh chives, minced
- 1/2 C. chicken stock
- 1/4 C. red wine vinegar
- 1 TB fresh ginger, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 TB curry powder
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 TB sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
- Place broccoli in a large bowl.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain over broccoli.
- Let broccoli stand in water 3-4 minutes until crisp tender; drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl; toss noodles with vegetable oil and sesame seed oil.
- In a saucepan, bring stock to a boil, remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining dressing ingredients, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Add broccoli, bean sprouts, mushrooms and red pepper to noodles.
How To Serve:
- For service: toss salad with dressing.
- Garnish with chives.
- Serves 4-6.