A quick and easy dish to make when unexpected guests drop in. A typical corn cake recipe dressed up with smoked salmon. Feel free to use whatever you might have leftover in your refrigerator.
Smoked Salmon Corncakes
- 1/4 c. each yellow cornmeal & flour, as needed
- 1/4 c. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. smoked salmon, flaked
- 1/4 c. corn, drained
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. milk
- 2 TB green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. each baking soda, salt
- lemon wedges
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Add additional flour as needed to bring to desired consistency.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, flattening slightly.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
How To Serve:
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Serves 4.