I picked fish and appetizer in a “pull your dish pot luck” gathering where we had to pull meal service and main ingredient.
So, I wanted to do something a bit different. A twist from your typical Lettuce Wrap recipe, it has all the flavors of wonderful Thai style cooking.
Thai Salmon Lettuce Wrap
- 1 lb. salmon, coarsely chopped
- salt, white pepper
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 5 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 TB ginger, grated
- 1 Thai bird chilie, chopped
- 2 TB patis (fish sauce)
- 3 TB fresh lime juice
- 2 limes, zest
- 1 TB honey
- 2-3 medium heads Bibb or Butter lettuce cups
- 1 Japanese cucumber (seedless), thinly sliced, rounds
- 1/2 c. mint leaves
- 1/2 c. Thai basil leaves
- Lightly season salmon cubes with salt and pepper.
- Set Aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat; stir fry shallots, ginger and pepper in oil.
- Add salmon and remaining ingredients.
- Cook 2 minutes, until salmon is just cooked through.
How To Serve:
- For service: place cucumber, mint and basil leaves onto lettuce. Top with salmon.
- Serves with favorite dipping sauce.
- Serves 2-4.