A quick and easy, yet very flavorful Spicy Eggplant Stir-Fry vegetarian dish. Enjoy as an entrée of as a side dish with grilled meats.
Spicy Eggplant Stir-Fry
- 4 TB vegetable oil for, as needed
- 4 long eggplants, halved lengthwise, cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces
- 2 tsp. ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB chili garlic paste
- 3 TB chicken broth *substitute w/vegetable broth for vegetarian
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 tsp. honey
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped, white and green parts separated
- In a large skillet or wok; heat 2 TB of oil.
- Cook eggplant until slightly browned, 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Into skillet or wok, heat remaining 2 TB of oil.
- Stir fry white parts of green onion, ginger, garlic and chili garlic paste 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, soy sauce and honey.
- Warm through; add eggplant and simmer 2 minutes.
How To Serve:
- For service: top with green parts of green onion.
- Serves 4 appetizers, 2 entrees.