I first had this Spicy Stir-Fried Kim Chee Pork dish at a friend’s home, and she described it to me as a dish she grew up with as a child. It was made only when there was Kim Chee that had gone passed its freshness and was considered sour.
She went on to say, that in her household, unlike her relative’s, it rarely happened, since fortunately, her mother made home-made Kim Chee weekly.
Rate This Recipe:
Spicy Stir-Fried Kim Chee Pork
- 1 lb. pork, thinly sliced
- 1 TB vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2-1 c. kimchee lightly squeezed dry, thinly sliced, as desired
- 1 green onion thinly chopped, toasted sesame seeds
- 3-4 TB ko choo jang sauce
- 1-2 tsp. Korean ground red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 1 TB sake
- 1-2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 TB sugar
- Combine the meat marinade in a bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients and refrigerate overnight or minimum of 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat & stir fry the pork for a couple of minutes.
- Add onions and kim chee and stir fry until well done and brown.
How To Serve:
- For service: Sprinkle sesame seeds and green onions. S
- erve with steamed rice.
- Serves 4-6.