A quick and easy, yet very flavorful Spicy String Beans vegetarian dish. Enjoy as an entrée of as a side dish with grilled meats.
Spicy String Beans
- 8 oz. string beans, trimmed, sliced diagonally 1 ½-inch pieces
- Water as needed
- 3 TB vegetable oil
- 2 TB chili garlic paste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Aloha shoyu **substitute with tamari for gluten-free
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped
- Salt, as needed
- In a saucepan over medium high heat; bring water to a boil.
- Quickly blanch string beans for 20 seconds.
- Drain well; reserve.
- In a skillet or wok over medium high heat; warm oil 2 TB of oil.
- Stir fry beans 5 minutes until slightly wrinkled.
- Remove from wok; reserve.
- Into wok; add remaining TB of oil.
- Stir fry chili garlic paste, garlic, soy sauce and green onion 2 minutes.
- Stir in beans; heat through.
How To Serve:
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4-6.