A delicious dish, you can adapt to your level of heat. Mop Daufo (Szechuan Pork Tofu) is known for its mouth-numbing spiciness. Serve with hot steamed rice or over fried noodles.
Szechuan Pork Tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped, white and green part separated
- 3 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 TB chili garlic paste, to taste
- 1/2 c. chicken broth, as needed
- 2 tsp. cornstarch, with 1/4 c. water
- 1 block (20 oz.) firm tofu, drained, cubed
- In a wok, heat oil and sauté garlic, ginger and onion, until tender.
- Add pork and brown well. Add whites of green onion and heat through.
- Stir in soy sauce, sugar, chili paste and chicken broth, Cook 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture to thicken, adding more chicken broth if needed.
- Add tofu and green parts of green onion, stirring to coat tofu with sauce.
How To Serve:
- Serves 4.