Feeling hungry for pork and wintermelon soup, with all the ingredients on hand. It was a hot and muggy day, so the recipe became on “not soup” recipe and has remained as such.
Rate This Recipe:
Pork and Wintermelon
Feeling hungry for pork and wintermelon soup, with all the ingredients on hand. It was a hot and muggy day, so the recipe became on "not soup" recipe and has remained as such.
- 1 lb. boneless pork, 1-inch strips
- 1/2 c. sake
- 1/2 c. water as needed
- 2 lb. winter melon, cubed
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB mirin sake
- 2 TB sugar
- dash white pepper
- In large pot over medium high heat, brown pork on all sides.
- Add sake and water to cover pork. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes; or until pork is tender.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, stir-fry melon; until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add pork and remaining ingredients, until heated through.
- Add reserved liquid, as needed to bring to desired consistency.
How To Serve:
- Serves 6.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!