My grandfather would make a similar “rolled” oriental style omelet which was both salty and sweet. A typical dish you would see in your neighborhood okazuya style take-out restaurant. This version is great to add as a garnish to fried noodle dishes, saimin or to add in your maki style sushi.
Rate This Recipe:
Tamagoyaki (Fried Egg Sheet)
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- In a small mixing bowl; beat together eggs with soy sauce, salt, pepper and sugar.
- In a skillet over medium heat; warm oil.
- Pour egg mixture into pan; make a thin even layer.
- Cook until firm.
How To Serve:
- Makes 2 sheets.
- Use as garnish for noodle salads, saimin, in maki sushi rolls.