Rate This Recipe:
Taro Chip Cookies
Taro chip cookies, Hawaii's answer to the popular potato chip cookies. These cookies have the perfect combination of crunchy, sweet and salty.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 cups flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Island Princess macadamia nuts chopped
- 2 cups fried taro chips finely crushed
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together shortening and both sugars. Add eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt and baking soda and gradually add to butter sugar mixture.
- Next, add vanilla and fold in crushed chips and nuts. Shape into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Gently flatten cookie dough with a fork or bottom of a glass. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then allow to cool on brown paper bags or paper towels.
Calories: 5500kcalCarbohydrates: 723gProtein: 62gFat: 277gSaturated Fat: 53gPolyunsaturated Fat: 48gMonounsaturated Fat: 158gTrans Fat: 14gCholesterol: 341mgSodium: 4647mgPotassium: 3387mgFiber: 24gSugar: 427gVitamin A: 673IUVitamin B1: 4mgVitamin B5: 12mgVitamin C: 38mgCalcium: 562mgIron: 22mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!