Rate This Recipe:
Poi Mochi Donuts
I love these poi mochi donuts… they remind me of gin doi. The donuts are nice and chewy with a nice crisp outer crust. I want to make a batch using coconut milk instead of water and coconut flakes in the dough.
- Mix the poi, mochiko, sugar and baking powder.
- Add water slowly until mixture has the consistency of a thick muffin batter that is easy to scoop with a spoon.
- Add purple food coloring to the mix if you prefer. Allow batter to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees. Drop tablespoons of mixture into oil and fry until outside is crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with powdered sugar. I like to put the powdered sugar in a double brown paper bag and add the donuts a few at a time and shaking the bag. This keeps the powedered sugar mess to a minimum.
Calories: 1724kcalCarbohydrates: 432gProtein: 9gFat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 889mgPotassium: 389mgFiber: 0.1gSugar: 417gVitamin B1: 0.5mgVitamin B5: 0.01mgVitamin C: 132mgCalcium: 625mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!