Tequila Chicken is a very flavorful dish. Serve with some flour tortillas.
- 6 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 3 TB olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Hawaiian chili pepper, seeded; chopped
- 1 tsp. Tabasco
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- flour for dredging
- oil for frying
- 1/2 c. tomato juice
- 1/2 c. white tequila
- In a large mixing bowl combine chicken with oil, garlic, ginger, pepper, Tabasco, cumin, and cayenne.
- Season with salt and pepper. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove from marinade and dredge chicken pieces in flour.
- Brown on both sides in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add juice and tequila; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer on both sides for 15-20 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serve with flour tortillas. Serves 4.