It all balances with the crisp tofu and vegetables. I enjoyed this chow mein (stir fried) for days. Hope you enjoy this Tofu Chow Mein recipe as much as I did.
TOFU CHOW MEIN
- 1 lb. egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 TB sesame seed oil
- 3 TB vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 baby bok choy, ½-inch slices
- 1 small carrot, peeled, julienne
- 1 c. chicken broth
- pinch salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 1/4 c. Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine)
- 1/2 c. oyster sauce
- 1 TB ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB Thai chili garlic paste
- 2 (5 oz.) blks. fried tofu, ¼-inch slices
- In a mixing bowl; combine tofu with marinade ingredients.
- Marinate 1 hour.
- Toss noodles with sesame oil; place onto serving platter.
- In a wok or stir fry pan over medium heat; warm vegetable oil.
- Stir fry garlic until tender.
- Add bok choy and carrots; stir-fry until crisp tender.
- Add tofu with marinade; warm through.
- Add broth; stirring until thickened.
- Season as needed.
- Spoon over noodles.
How To Serves:
- Serves 6.
- Optional to place noodles in a wok over medium high heat; brown on both sides.