Try Chef Adam Tabura’s adobo fried rice spam musubi created for Spam brand as part of the Aloha Plate recipe collection which can be found on Spam Brand’s website. This recipe incorporates Chef Adam’s famous adobo spam fried rice and combines it into a fried rice spam musubi!
Adobo Fried Rice Spam Musubi
- 1 12-ounce can SPAM Less Sodium diced small
- 4 oz. Adobo reduction to garnish glaze consistency
- 1 oz. Garlic minced
- 2 oz. Yamasa soy
- 3 oz. Onion small diced
- 1 oz. Sesame oil
- 2 oz. green onion slice for garnish
- 3 Eggs scrambled separately, cooked flat
- 2 lbs. steamed rice cooked and cooled ahead
- 4 sheets Japanese Nori cut in half
- To make this amazing adobo spam fried rice spam musubi, heat large nonstick wok or sauté pan.
- Start with marinated SPAM® Less Sodium and cook for 4-5 minutes or until it starts to caramelize. Then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until garlic is soft.
- Add onions and oils and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add rice and adobo reduction and stir fry for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat, working the wok/pan so there is no sticking.
- Cook eggs separately. Then add egg, green onion and soy to rice mixture to finish.
- Fried rice should be sticky or tacky to mold in Nori and cut into bite sized pieces for easy eating.
- Adjust seasoning if needed! Black pepper is always a great way to season adobo fried rice spam musubi.