This teriyaki takuan spam musubi was created by Chef Adam Tabura of Aloha Plate who served as spam musubi ambassadors for Hormel. This spam musubi recipe is one of 12 creations made as part of this partnership with Hormel.
Teriyaki Takuan Spam Musubi
- 1 12-ounce can SPAM® Teriyaki cut lengthwise into 8 slices
- 4.5 oz white steamed rice cooked ahead of time
- 4 sheets Japanese nori cut in half
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root juice
- 1/4 cup Yamasa soy
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp brown cane sugar
- 1 oz green onion whites cut in half lengthwise
- Takuan (pickled daikon) pre-bought
- To make this teriyaki takuan spam musubi,
- Cook SPAM® Teriyaki until there is a nice sear on both sides.
- Remove from pan and add soy, water, ginger juice, sugar and green onion to pan and heat to a simmer. Then add SPAM® Teriyaki back into pan simmering in sauce for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and place on rice and wrap with Nori.
- Add chopped Takuan (pickled daikon). Serve spam musubi warm.
How To Serve:
- Serve this teriyaki takuan spam musubi with a side of teriyaki sauce or a creamy wasabi sauce.