Try this sweet treat by Carol Nardello. A healthier alternative that you can easily make at home.
See how AlohaCare is engaged in the community by visiting alohacare.org
Rate This Recipe:
Try this sweet treat by Carol Nardello – A healthier alternative recipe that you can easily make at home.
- 4 Apple bananas peeled and sliced into 2-inch rounds (OR 8 whole strawberries, halved)
- 1/2 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut or crushed cereal (granola, Grape Nuts, whole grain snack puffs, etc.)
- Roll banana slices or berry halves one by one in yogurt to completely coat.
- Place coconut or crumbs into a small cup or bowl and drop in a yogurt-covered fruit slice.
- Shake bowl to cover fruit with crumbs.
- Pierce with a toothpick and place on serving platter.
Calories: 687kcalCarbohydrates: 145gProtein: 11gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.5gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 154mgPotassium: 2029mgFiber: 14gSugar: 94gVitamin A: 317IUVitamin B1: 0.2mgVitamin B5: 2mgVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 214mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!