This is my first attempt to make a cooking video….needless to say, the quality if aweful. At one point the zoom lens got stuck and it went downhill from there!!
This is a pretty basic recipe for beef stew but I wanted to try adding taro. I remember having taro in my stew a long time ago at uncle Bobby and aunt Noe’s house and have always wanted to try it again. It was just as I remembered it… you gotta try!!
Rate This Recipe:
Beef Stew And Taro
- 3-4 lbs Stew meat or cut up chuck roast
- 0.25 Cup Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Bunch Celery
- 1.5 tbsp Hawaiian Salt -Or-
- Hawaiian Seasoning
- 2 Large cans whole tomatoes
- Large box beef broth (3 – 4 Cans)
- 1 Med package baby carrots
- 2-3 Russet potatoes
- 1 lb Taro (I used pre-cut/cleaned taro)
- Flour & water mixture (optional if you like your stew thick)
- Heat Oil in Large Pot.
- Add Beef and Brown.
- Add Onions & Celery.
- Add Beef Broth & Canned Tomatoes and Bring to Boil.
- Simmer on med to med-low Heat for 2 hours or Until Meat is Tender.
- Add Potatoes, Taro & Carrots.
- Simmer for 20 Minutes.
How To Serve:
- Serve over rice or with a bowl of ice-cold poi!!!