This is a version of a recipe I first tasted as a judge in a recipe contest for “All Things Coconut.” While it was not the overall winning dish, it did place in the appetizer category. Loved it. The original dish was topped off with toasted coconut as a garnish.
Rate This Recipe:
- 20 oz. block firm tofu 4 slices
- 1 med. onion, quartered
- 1 med. red bell pepper, seeded, quartered
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, puree marinade ingredients.
- Marinate tofu 2 hours.
- Grill, broil or pan-fry.
How To Serve:
- Serve with your favorite shoyu sauce or any tofu topping, or just as is.
- Serves 2-4.