Kim Chee Dips have become a common dip here. The love of spicy foods is something a lot of us locals have in common. I love this version with the addition of the Taegu, the only difficulty is saving enough taegu for the dip!
I usually have to buy more than I need for the snacking I do in between..
Taegu & Kim Chee Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 4 oz. taegu (Korean-style seasoned cuttlefish), chopped, to taste
- 1 c. favorite cabbage kim chee (Korean-style pickled vegetable), drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 TB green onion, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and kim chee.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
How To Serve:
- For service: stir in taegu.
- Variation: Process until smooth in a blender. I prefer it chunky.
- Makes 3 ½ cups.