A great brittle to make for gift giving, or for party favors. Also makes a great hostess gift. I like to use the macadamia nuts from a can, already perfectly salted. More recently you can find wasabi flavored, teriyaki flavored and even chili macadamia nuts.
Any flavor would work well with this recipe.
Glazed Macadamia Nuts
- 1 lb. lb. macadamia nuts, salted or
- 3, 5 oz. cans macadamia nuts, salted,
- seasoned as desired
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 6 TB butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a saucepan over medium heat; combine nuts, sugar and butter.
- Cook 20-25 minutes; stirring constantly until sugar is caramelized and nuts are well coated.
- Quickly stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer mixture onto prepared pans.
- Working quickly, spread out into thin layers, as thin as possible.
How To Serve:
- Cool before breaking into desired size pieces.
- Store in air-tight containers.
- Great for gift giving and for party favors.
- Makes 1 ½ lbs.