I made this dish along with 25 children at a summer cooking class I taught. It was a dish that the children could relate to with the taco seasoning and of course, the fritos. Everyone had fun getting things ready for the dish and preparing the dish.
They seemed to have lost interest in the waiting time for the completed dish. Enjoyed by all none the less. Optional to leave the fritos coarsely crushed or finely crushed.
Baked Frito Wings
- 20 drumettes
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1 (.25 oz.) pkg. taco seasoning
- Dash Tabasco and salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/4 c. fritos, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Foil line a baking sheet.
- In a shallow dish, place Fritos; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, taco mix, Tabasco, sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken into mixture, then roll in Fritos.
- Place onto prepared sheet, bake 30-35 minutes.
- Optional to leave the fritos coarsely crushed or finely crushed.
- Variation: Substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
How To Serve:
- Serve just as is.
- Serves 6-8.