My classmate and friend Sherry Teruya and vital member of the Cooking Hawaiian Style staff made this healthier banana bread recipe for us and it was so good, that I had to get the banana bread recipe from her.
The healthier part is from using a mixture of oat bran and wheat flour instead of all white flour. It still has butter and sour cream, but hey…enjoy!
I have to get her almond cookie recipe next… she makes the best almond cookies!
Rate This Recipe:
Sherry’s Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 heaping cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 heaping cup oat bran
- 2 heaping Tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar (less 2 T)
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream (heaping)
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups mashed bananas (heaping, about 5 bananas)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
This banana bread recipe serves 12.
- To make this banana bread recipe, cream together butter & sugar, then add eggs one at a time.
- Mix sour cream with mashed bananas. Alternate adding banana mixture & dry ingredients to butter & sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes in either a 9 x 13" greased pan or 6 mini loaves.
- Top generously with walnuts (optional).
- This banana bread recipe is delicious, buttery and moist.
How To Serve:
- You can serve this banana bread recipe with a dollop of whipped cream or eat it as is.