Matt Wagner, the Sales & Marketing Manager at Abbey Carpet & Floor Hawaii joined us in our Cooking Hawaiian Style kitchen and shared some of his favorite local recipes..
Abbey Carpet & Floor Hawaii is known for their hard surface floor coverings, traditional resilient sheet vinyl, and the very popular waterproof vinyl planks.
Matt says the key to their business are the installers who bring experienced, knowledgeable and caring teams in to your home. When Matt is not at work he enjoys golfing with buddies and that’s where Matt met Lanai.
Rate This Recipe:
Pork & Squash by Matt Wagner of Abbey Carpet and Floor Hawaii
- 1 lb. Pork Butt
- 1/2 Round Onion
- 1/2 Ripe Tomato
- 1 Medium Sized Chinese Squash (Togan)
- 1 Tbsp. Cooking Oil
- 1 Small Finger Ginger
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 2 Cans Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Patis
- 2 Bay Leaves
- To taste salt
- Crush garlic, peel ginger & squash and slice onions, tomato, garlic & squash.
- Brown pork with garlic and onions.
- Add chicken stock, ginger, tomato, patis, bay leaves.
- Simmer unti pork is soft.
- Add squash and cook for 10 minutes then turn heat off so squash doesn't completely melt.