Mochiko chicken is a staple in the islands, usually found at every picnic table, at every plate lunch stop and at every lunchwagon. The addition of the toasty sesame seeds adds a wonderful flavor !
Mochiko Sesame Chicken
- 3 lbs. chicken drumettes
- 2 TB flour
- 1/4 c. Mochiko Flour (Click to Order)
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 TB salt
- 1/4 c. Aloha Aloha Shoyu Soy Sauce (Click To Order)
- 1 TB Oyster Sauce (Click to Order)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. Thai fried garlic or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. green onions, chopped
- 1 c. sesame seeds, toasted
- vegetable oil for frying
- In a large skillet over medium heat; warm oil.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, mochiko, sugar, and salt.
- Mix in soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, eggs, and green onions.
- Dip chicken into batter and sprinkle generously with sesame seeds.
- Fry in oil until done, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serves 8.