A recipe share with me by a friend from Germany who now lives in Honlulu. Flavors are tangy, sweet and savory. This Oktoberfest Potato salad recipe is a different twist from our local style potato salad.
Oktoberfest Potato Salad
- 2 large potatoes
- salted water, as needed
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 3 TB balsamic vinegar
- 2 TB each chopped green onion, parsley, dill pickles
- 1 TB Dijon mustard
- pinch salt, freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat; cover potatoes with water; cook until tender.
- Drain; cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel; drain excess oil.
- Into skillet; sauté garlic.
- Add potatoes, broth, vinegar and bacon.
- Cook 2-4 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
How To Serve:
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.