This BLT Salad recipe was created for a “bacon” themed gathering. All the flavors of the classic sandwich, served up as a salad.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, 2-inch torn pieces
- 8 slices cooked bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. herbed salad croutons
- 1 c. Swiss cheese, ½-inch cubes
- 3/4 c. olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 TB balsamic vinegar
- pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl; whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Optional to layer salad in order given.
How To Serve:
- Serves 8-10.