This Over the Top Tofu Poke is a take on a local favorite made popular by a long standing Waikiki Restaurant. The addition of some island ingredients make this version extra special. You will wow your guests with this one.
Over The Top Tofu Poke
- 1/2 small Maui or sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. limu kohu (soft seaweed)
- 2 TB green onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. inamona (kukui nut)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. Thai chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- pinch Hawaiian salt
- 3-4 TB Aloha shoyu, to taste
- 1 (20 oz.) block firm tofu, cubed, drained
- 2 tsp. toasted & crushed sesame seeds
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro
- In a mixing bowl, combine onion, limu kohu, green onion, inamona, ginger, chili garlic paste, oil, salt and soy sauce as needed.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes.
How To Serve:
- Gently toss with tofu.
- Garnish as desired.
- Serves 4 (sometimes 2 for dinner).