Learn how to brine your own pork chops, a simple process that takes as little as 1-2 hours as demonstrated in this recipe by Glenn Shinsato on Cooking Hawaiian Style. The pork chop is so flavorful, topped with buttery garlic arugula.
Glenn Shinsato’s Home-Cured Pork Chop w/Arugula Butter
- 1 – 2 pork chops
- 1 tablespoon Morton Tender Quick
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Handful arugula
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Brine pork chops in 1 tablespoon of Morton Tender Quick and ½ cup water.
- Let cure in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Before cooking, rinse chops under running water to remove excess salt.
- Brown pork chops in lightly greased skillet 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and to the same pan add butter, garlic.
- Allow garlic to cook for a few minutes, toss arugula in pan, just enough to wilt the arugula.