Watch Master Chef and TV cooking show veteran Titus Chan as he shows us how to make pork chowmein with gravy on Cooking Hawaiian Style on www.OC16.tv.
Rate This Recipe:
Titus Chan’s Pork Chowmein (Gravy Noodles)
Watch Master Chef and TV cooking show veteran Titus Chan as he shows us how to make pork chowmein with gravy on Cooking Hawaiian Style on www.OC16.tv
- 1/2 lb. pork cut into pieces
- 2-3 teaspoons oil
- 2 – 12 ounce packages chow mein noodles
- 1 bell pepper cut into pieces
- 1 onion cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup cleaned/de-stringed snow peas
- 2 teaspoons sherry
- 1.5 cans chicken broth (3 cups)
- dash salt / pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Aloha shoyu
- 1.5 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons water
- fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in wok.
- Stir fry noodles until it is browned and semi crispy.
- Remove noodles from oil and set on a platter.
- Add more oil to wok and cook pork for 5-7 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add remaining seasonings, bring liquid to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and while stirring.
- Thicken to your preference.
- Add a little bit of oil to gravy just before serving…this gives it a nice shiny finish.
Calories: 2350kcalCarbohydrates: 321gProtein: 105gFat: 69gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 28gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 5638mgPotassium: 1426mgFiber: 29gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 4819IUVitamin B1: 2mgVitamin B5: 3mgVitamin C: 223mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 18mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!