Watch Raiatea Helm make her Mom’s chicken luau stew and Kahuku style shrimp as seen on OC16.tv
Rate This Recipe:
Raiatea Helms Chicken Luau Stew
Watch Raiatea Helm make her Mom's chicken luau stew and Kahuku style shrimp as seen on OC16.tv
- 1 quart cooked luau leaves
- 6 pieces chicken thighs boneless/skinless
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 large piece ginger peeled & smashed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Cook chicken in large pot with heated oil.
- Add bay leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Once chicken is cooked/browned, remove bay leaf.
- Add cooked luau leaves, chicken broth and season.
- Add cornstarch an water to thicken.
Calories: 517kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 52gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 4560mgPotassium: 6697mgFiber: 36gSugar: 29gVitamin A: 45697IUVitamin B1: 2mgVitamin B5: 1mgVitamin C: 537mgCalcium: 1067mgIron: 23mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!