As seen on OC16, Raiatea Helm makes her version of Kahuku Style Shrimp, the kind that you find on the North shore shrimp trucks on Oahu.
Raiatea Helms Kahuku Style Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb. shell-on shrimp
- 10 cloves garlic minced fine
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 stick Clarified Butter (1 stick butter)
- Salt to taste
- splash of white wine (optional)
- Mix cayenne, paprika and flour in a bowl.
- Cook butter until all impurities have cooked off and butter is clear.
- Set aside.
- Coat shrimp in flour mixture and cook in same pan that butter was melted in.
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side…
- salt to taste/splash of wine optional.
- Serve with melted butter and lemon.