Thanks to Mom & Dad DePeralta (Roman’s Parents) for teaching Roman how to make all of these wonderful pupu dishes including this amazing coconut shrimp!
Roman is lucky to have such a loving and supportive ohana! I have had the pleasure of working with Roman’s Mom and hope to meet soon!
Roman DePeralta’s (Kolohe Kai) Coconut Shrimp
- 2 lbs. deveined and cleaned shrimp
- 1 10 oz. box Tempura Batter Mix
- 2 6 oz. package Panko
- 7 oz. coconut flakes
- 1 cup Mochiko Flour
- Sweet Chili dipping sauce
- Mix tempura batter mix according to box instructions.
- In separate bowl mix Panko with coconut flakes .
- Take one clean shrimp at a time.
- Dust with Mochiko Flour, then shake off excess, then Dip in tempura batter.
- Let some of the batter drip off, then roll shrimp into Panko/coconut mixture.
- Fry in hot oil in a wok till lightly golden brown.
- When brown place on paper towels to drain excess oil.