Another example of Jesse’s innovation with using fresh local, heathy and affordable food with this hooulu aina salad with fresh mango dressing. Be sure to catch his episode along with Keiki cooking contest winners!
Rate This Recipe:
Jesse Lipman’s Hooulu Aina Salad w/Mango Dressing
Another example of Jesse's innovation with using fresh local, heathy and affordable food with this hooulu aina salad with fresh mango dressing.
- 2 cups kale bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups salad greens bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup edible flowers or toasted nuts
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 ripe mango cut into pieces
- 1 Asian pear sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup olive oil
- Wash and dry salad greens and kale.
- Gently tear the greens into bite sized pieces and place in salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- In a small food processor or blender add vinegar,garlic, ¼ teaspoon pepper salt, and blend.
- Add ½ ripe mango (use the other half to decorate your salad) and honey, blend well.
- Lower the blending speed and slowly drizzle in 1 cup olive oil while blending.
- Adjust flavor as necessary with seasonings and or olive oil.
Calories: 2552kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 14gFat: 248gSaturated Fat: 34gSodium: 2440mgPotassium: 2552mgFiber: 22gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 17127IUVitamin C: 288mgCalcium: 308mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!