Oh how we looked forward to school ending. We hurried to the mom and pop store across the street and no matter how quickly we rushed, there was always a line ahead of us……everyone waiting to purchase their ice cakes.
It was simply made back then, frozen in little dixie cups. This strawberry was my favorite.
Strawberry Ice Cake
- 5 c. water
- 1 c. strawberry Malolo juice syrup
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- In a mixing bowl; combine all ingredients.
- Pour into ice tray or individual cups.
- Freeze 2 hours.
- Optional to freeze in a baking pan.
- Beat with an electric mixer and transfer into desired serving cups.
- Re-Freeze 1 hour.