Yellow Croaker is usually imported from Korea and China. It is very common and popular among Korean and Chinese. You will find Yellow Croaker in Korean markets, Don Quijote and Chinatown, and price is very reasonable too.
If you like Yellow Croaker, then surely, you will love this classic seafood recipe, consisting of only a small number of ingredients and it requires very less time to cook.
Sweet Sour Yellow Croaker
- 1 piece of yellow croakersalt
- 1 tbsp of cooking wine
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tea spoon of Aloha shoyu
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of ketchup
- 2 slice of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- half green onion
- 1 piece of cilantro
- Clean shell and take out of viscera, rinse.
- Slice knife 3 times on both side of fish, marinate fish with salt, 1 table spoon of cooking wine. chopped onion, garlic and ginger, Marinate for 10 minutes or longer.
- Prepare sweet sour souce with 1 tsp soy, 1 tsp vinegar, 1.5 tsp sugar, 1 tsp starch, 1 tablespoon of water, 1 tsp ketchup, mix well.
- Heat pan with oil, fry each side for 1 minutes, then add chopped onion, garlic and ginger, add sweet sour sauce, simmer for 2 minutes, turn off heat.
How To Serve:
- Serve with alcoholic beverages or white rice.