Use this spicy flavorful oil to add spice to any stir fry recipe or salad dressing. Great to add to any dipping sauce or use just as it to liven up some fried shrimp.
Chinese Garlic Chili Oil
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 TB sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 3 TB Chinese black vinegar
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB sake
- 1 1/2 TB sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 TB fresh ginger, peeled, grated
- In a saucepan over medium, heat; combine oils.
- Cook until just smoking. Remove from heat; stir in red pepper flakes.
- Cover, allow to steep 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; allow to sit an additional 15 minutes.
- Optional to strain through a fine sieve.
How To Serve:
- Makes 1 ½ cups.