Rate This Recipe:
Kalua Pork Quesadillas
Looking for Hawaiian style Quesadilla recipes? Try this Quesadillas filled with smokey pulled pork, ortega chilies and cheddar cheese. Top with fresh tomato salsa or better yet, a fresh lomi salmon dip. When in a rush, I just pickup some pre-made lomi salmon and frozen kalua pig… trust me, its easy and just as ono!
- 1 container kalua pork (pulled pork)
- 1 package flour tortillas
- butter for pancan ortega chiles or kim chee, drained
- package sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 pound lomi salmon liquid drained
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- Drain excess liquid from lomi salmon or your favorite salsa.
- Spoon a little at a time into the sour cream until the desired consistency is reached.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before using.
- To make this Kalua pulled pork quesadilla recipe, heat a pan on med-high. Put a teaspoon of butter and melt in pan.
- Place 1 whole tortilla in pan. Sprinkle cheese all over the tortilla, then shredded kalua pulled pork, then pieces of drained ortega chiles or kim chee.
- Sprinkle more cheese and place a tortilla on top. Once bottom is nicely brown and crispy, flip entire tortilla and brown the other side. Once browned and cheese is completely melted, remove from pan and continue making more quesadillas.
- Cut into slices and serve with lomi dip or salsa and sour cream. If you don't have a recipe for kalua pig or pulled pork, try one of the recipes on our website.
How To Serve:
- Serve kalua pulled pork quesadillas with lomi dip on the side.
Calories: 1043kcalCarbohydrates: 140gProtein: 46gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 2147mgPotassium: 915mgFiber: 10gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 87IUVitamin B1: 2mgVitamin B5: 2mgVitamin C: 0.02mgCalcium: 435mgIron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!