Fabolous, yummy and very easy to make dish. If you are looking for an ono recipe, then this Kanoe Gibson’s Mac Nut Crusted Ono With Lemon Butter Sauce dish recipe is for you. Enjoy!
Rate This Recipe:
Kanoe Gibsons Mac Nut Crusted Ono With Lemon Butter Sauce
Fabolous, yummy and very easy to make dish. If you are looking for an ono recipe, then this Kanoe Gibson's Mac Nut Crusted Ono With Lemon Butter Sauce dish recipe is for you. Enjoy!
- 2 ono fillets
- 1/2 cup panko flakes
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour (for dredging fish)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon flour (for sauce)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 stick butter cold and sliced
- Whisk egg in a shallow bowl.
- Place panko, macadamia nuts, parmesan cheese, and seasonings into another shallow bowl and mix together.
- Lightly season Ono with salt and pepper and flour both sides of fish.
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium-high heat.
- Coat the floured filets in egg then nut mixture. Cook filets 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer fish to plate and lightly cover with foil.*
- Add shallots and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Scrape any brown bits off bottom of pan. Sprinkle flour into pan and stir another 30 seconds.
- Add white wine and lemon juice and let simmer until reduced by half. Stir in capers.
- Remove from heat and slowly whisk in heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk in cold butter one slice at a time.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
*Don’t overcook fish– it will continue to cook through when covered with foil.
Calories: 1644kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 32gFat: 140gSaturated Fat: 36gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 88gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 973mgPotassium: 712mgFiber: 10gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 1380IUVitamin B1: 1mgVitamin B5: 2mgVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 549mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!