Try this recipe for ono stuffing made local style with kalua pulled pork from May’s Hawaii!
Rate This Recipe:
May’s Hawaii Kalua Pork Stuffing
Try this recipe for ono stuffing made local style with kalua pulled pork from May's Hawaii!
- 24 oz. May's Kalua pulled Pork (Thawed)
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 5 cups Diced Celery
- 2 medium White Bread Loaves (cut into 3/4 inch cubes)
- 2 cups Chicken or Turkey Stock
- 5 cups Salted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Dried Sage
- 5 teaspoons Granulated Salt
- 5 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare all ingredients.
- Spread bread cubes in 2 shallow baking pans and bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of pans halfway through baking, until golden, 25 to 30 minutes total. Cool bread in pans on racks, and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat butters a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat. Place onions, celery, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper in skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Add 2 May’s 12 oz Kalua Pork packages to pan and heat, stirring occasionally mixing in with vegetables and seasonings. Next, transfer to bowl with bread cubes, and then stir in Kalua Pork mixture. Drizzle with stock, then season with salt and pepper and toss and mix well.
- Transfer stuffing to a buttered 3- to 3 1/2-quart shallow baking dish. Bake, covered, in middle of oven 30 minutes, then uncover and bake until browned, about 20 minutes more.
Calories: 15420kcalCarbohydrates: 511gProtein: 267gFat: 1386gSaturated Fat: 810gPolyunsaturated Fat: 108gMonounsaturated Fat: 378gTrans Fat: 40gCholesterol: 3107mgSodium: 23231mgPotassium: 6393mgFiber: 45gSugar: 294gVitamin A: 30932IUVitamin B1: 6mgVitamin B5: 8mgVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 786mgIron: 34mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
5 Cups of salted butter = 10 blocks
Is that correct? That’s really a lot of butter