Natalie Ai Kamauu was named “Miss Aloha Hula” at the prestigious Merry Monarch Hula Festival, four-time “Female Vocalist of the Year” Nā Hōkū Hanohano Awardee and Grammy Nominated.
Nat blew into Hawai`iʻs music scene in 2005, immediately turning heads and perking ears with her break out album “ʻĒ”. The title itself said it all….” Extraordinary.” With a voice of an angel, Natalieʻs soaring melodies will whisk you to heights and depths of musical emotion. Though her sound is sweet and seemingly effortless, donʻt be mistaken.
Sheʻs a powerhouse vocalist. Natalieʻs music is definitely Traditional Hawaiian but how she dances the fine line between old and new is what audiences adore her for. Always with flair, she dares to coalesce the two, bringing Hawai`iʻs past into the present.
Together with her husband, Iolani Kamauu, they create a sound that is undeniably hers, a vanguard of Hawaiian of music.
Rate This Recipe:
Hot Kale Salad by Natalie Ai Kamauu
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1/2 lb mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (divided in half)
- 1 cup quinoa (cooked)
- 4 cups kale (divided in half)
- To taste salt
- To taste pepper
- To taste powder
- To taste dried rosemary
- Italian dressing of your choice
- Heat Pan on medium high with 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Cook onions until almost soft.
- Add remaining oil.
- Add mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini and ½ of cherry tomatoes and ½ of kale, in that order.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Its ready when kale is soft and limp.
- Remove from heat, vegetables should not be cooked through.
- Add uncooked tomatoes and kale and quinoa, fold in. Serve with dressing on the side.