I love any type of stir fry dish as it normally means quick and fast and often very simple. This is a delicious recipe. Use pork or chicken or even shrimp instead of the beef.
- 1 lb. top sirloin or round steak, thinly sliced
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 TB Aloha shoyu
- 1 TB oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 inch ginger, peeled, minced
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 3 stalks green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- In a mixing bowl; marinate beef with orange zest and juice.
- Allow to sit 20 minutes.
- Drain well; reserving orange liquid.
- Into meat; add soy sauce, oyster sauce, cornstarch and ginger.
- Marinate meat 6 minutes.
- Into a large skillet or wok; stir fry meat in combination of vegetable and sesame seed oils 1 minute.
- Add onion and carrot; stir fry 3 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in reserved orange liquid; stirring until thickened.
How To Serve:
- For service: Garnish with green onion.
- Serves 3-4.