A different take on a stir fried noodle dish. This Thai Fried Noodles recipe combines all the wonderful familiar Thai flavors. Spicy, tangy and sweet, a very quick and easy dish with lots of flavor and textures..
Thai Fried Noodles
- 8-10 oz. bean thread noodles
- Boiling water as needed
- 1/2 lb. pork, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast, thinly sliced
- salt, white pepper, as needed
- 1/4 lb. shrimp; peeled, deveined, halved
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 c. patis (fish sauce)
- 3 TB palm sugar
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 1/2 c. bean sprouts
- 4 stalks green onion, white parts-2-inch diagonal lengths, green parts-chopped
- 1/4 c. roasted peanuts
- coarsely chopped
- 4-6 stalks cilantro, leaves
- Place noodles in a large heat proof bowl; cover with boiling water.
- Let sit 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Drain well.
- Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl; combine lime juice, patis, palm sugar and garlic paste.
- Set aside. Lightly season pork and chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat; stir fry pork and chicken in oil until light browned about 2-3 minutes.
- Add lime juice mixture; stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Add shrimp; stir fry 1 minute until shrimp are slightly pink.
- Add noodles, bean sprouts and whites of green onion.
- Toss well to combine.
How To Serve:
- For service: Top with green parts of green onion, cilantro and peanuts.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.