Beef Asado – a very flavorful Filipino stewed beef. I have left this version simple, but you can feel free to add potatoes, carrots or whatever vegetables you and your family are more accustomed to in your stews.
I have seen versions of this recipe made with a roast, which is later sliced for service.
- 3-4 lbs. beef stew meat
- 2 ( 8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. Aloha shoyu
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB vinegar
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 TB whole peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- In a large saucepan over medium heat; add all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer 1 ½ hours until beef is tender.
How To Serve:
- For service: Optional to thicken sauce for gravy.
- Serves 6-8.