A traditional local dessert, a favorite. There are many variations of this Pineapple-Jello salad dessert, but this recipe including Pineapple is the first I had ever enjoyed.
- 1 (6 oz.) box lime Jell-O
- 1 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1 1/2 c. crushed pineapple, with liquid
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 8 oz. cottage cheese
- 1/4 c. evaporated milk
- pinch salt
- Lightly grease a Jell-O mold or bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl; dissolve Jell-O in water.
- Add pineapple and liquid; refrigerate until partially set.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, cottage cheese and milk.
- Stir in Jell-O and salt.
- Pour into mold; refrigerate overnight.
How To Serve:
- Unmold onto a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Optional to serve with mayonnaise.
- Serves 8.