Roman DePeralta of Kolohe Kai joins us on Cooking Hawaiian Style to make his popular crab wontons. Be sure to watch Roman on Cooking Hawaiian Style on OC16 channels 12 & 1012 – check oc16.tv for show times and repeats.
Roman DePeralta’s (Kolohe Kai) Crab Wontons
- 1 1/2 lb imitation crab
- 1 8 oz block regular cream cheese
- 1 cup best foods Mayo
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/8 chopped green onion
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- Chop imitation crab into small pieces.
- Mix crab with mayo, cream cheese, pepper, till thoroughly mixed.
- Add green onion and mix. Add more mayo if you want to make it more creamy.
- Put about 1 tbls. of mixture on one wonton wrapper. Water all sides of wrapper.
- Fold over in half to make a rectangle.
- Press and seal all sides.
- When oil is hot in pan or wok, fry wontons till brown on each side.
- Put on paper towels when done frying.