A great spicy, Korean peanut dipping sauce to have on hand for mun doo, gyoza, spring rolls or satay skewers.
Spicy Korean Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp. peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. ko choo jung sauce
- 2 TB rice wine vinegar
- 2 TB oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 2 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 TB sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic in oil.
- Add red pepper, peanut butter and water; stirring to blend well.
- Remove from heat; add remaining ingredients.
How To Serve:
- Makes 1 ½ cup.
Enjoy over 200 enticing recipes from Hawaii’s chefs and discover 70 favorite restaurants across the state with Tasting Paradise III: Restaurants & Recipes of the Hawaiian Islands.
The recipes range from simple to gourmet including tasty appetizers and soups, delectable entrees, mouthwatering desserts and more. (Thai Chicken Coconut Soup, Bouillabaisse, Macadamia Nut Crusted Ahi, Tequila Shrimp with Firecracker Rice, Thai Roasted Rack of Lamb with Sweet Potato Saute, Upside-Down Apple Pecan Pie, Kona Kahlua Cheesecake . . .)