Malika Dudley – Former Miss Hawaii shows us how to make her family’s recipe for strawberry macadamia nut crepes – just the way that her mom made them! You can also watch Malika make these on our cooking show Cooking Hawaiian Style airing on OC16 in Hawaii!
Rate This Recipe:
Malika Dudley’s Strawberry Macadamia Nut Crepes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups milk
- Couple splashes of beer (if you want)
- Macadamia Nut
- whipped cream
- fresh fruit
- preserves whatever you prefer!
- Add ingredients together (except butter). Whisk together until smooth,
- Let rest with a dish cloth over it out on the counter.
- Let crepe pan get really hot (don't be afraid if it starts smoking). Use a stick of butter to butter the pan. (keep it out as it's used for each crepe) I usually take the pan off the heat to do this.
- Use a soup ladle to put crepes batter into pan. You want the batter to be enough to cover the pan but not too thick. Figure out how far up in the ladle is the perfect amount of batter for your pan and repeat. (This may take a few tries and you almost always ruin your first crepe – don't worry, it still tastes good!)
- Once you see bubbles and/or the crepes is just cooked enough to flip, flip the crepes.
- Remove when golden brown.
- Add fillings of your choice! Voila!